Tuesday, July 28, 2009

cheap pants!

So as we progress closer to the big day, I am slowly getting my "groom outfit" together. Slowly, being the operative word. This past weekend, I had not a bought a single thing to wear for the wedding. Bonnie already had her dress, which is amazing looking, so I needed to get on it. I tend to procrastinate things. So as we were out and about looking at ribbon and fabric and cake stands at our local ribbon, fabric and cake stand stores what did my eyes behold?? Only the best damn store in the world if you want awesome stuff for low prices....Ross Dress for Less! I love that place. I have bought knives and pillows and spices and t-shirts there....it's the best thing about America! We made our way into Ross Dress for Less and I knew that I would find something great. I wandered over to the aisle where men's slacks are kept and BAM!, a beautiful pair of Brown slacks in just my size. I had been searching for brown pants (well on the internet at least) and hadn't found a thing. I knew Ross Dress for Less wouldn't let me down. I tried them on....fit perfectly! Now, here comes the best part. The pants, normally $80, were being sold for $20. Oh my! Ross Dress for Less once again comes through! The day turned out to be quite fruitful as we were able to get a lot accomplished for the wedding/reception (despite not finding a cake stand!), yay for cheap pants! Oh, and no, I normally am not this excited about pants....but these pants are not just normal pants, they are special pants because they are the ones that I will be wearing when I marry the best girl in the world!

6 comments:

Kevin Wolf said...

It is my considered opinion, good sir, that you are as gay as a Frenchman.

Good day!

Jillzey said...

Don't mind Kevin. He's just happy to believe that someone is gayer than him, even though no one is. :)

I'm glad that you found some pants that you like. I'm excited to see you both all dressed up and pretty in them.

Nicole said...

I love Ross Dress for Less! There is one conveniently located right by our house.

I have a cake stand you could borrow, but it wouldn't work if you are doing the separated tiers. Anyway, it's glass, I got it for a wedding gift and have used it a total of maybe 3 times ever. It's available if you need it.

Brannie said...

Nicole, you are awesome - thanks for the offer. We actually bought a cardboard one online - I know it sounds cheesy but it was cheaper than renting one from the cupcake lady and I have this vision of painting it and decorating it with ribbon. It may look horrid, we will see. It may even inspire a blog too...

Cheap pants said...

Really great :)

Unknown said...

Slowly,Cheap Pants being the operative word.