Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My wedding dress

I got my wedding dress yesterday!

It was this big debacle cause I tried to order it online through the store but they said it wasn't available ("what does that mean?" I say. "It means its not available" the catalog girl responds). I was bummed. So then I looked at many more dresses online, but I just kept going back to this one that "wasn't available". On a whim I placed an order for it online myself (that girl isn't needed me thinks), and it went through! They charged my card, it was to be shipped to the local store in three days, I was happy. One more thing off my list. Right?

The day before it was to be at the store, my MasterCard was refunded the price of the dress. I freaked. I called the catalog place and spoke with a very helpful man who told me the dress was thought to have been at one warehouse but when they went to pull it, no dress. So then supposedly it was coming from another, further location and would arrive the following week. Wasn't really holding my breath on that, so I was actually surprised when I got a message yesterday that my dress had arrived and was ready for pick up. Yay!

Ordering clothing online is always a bit risky and I was worried it wouldn't fit. I was toggling between two sizes and decided to get the smaller size cause, well, I'm a girl and girls like to hope they are smaller than they are. Also, another fabulous girl trick is to buy something a tad too small then use that as encouragement to lose weight to fit into it. (That trick never actually works for me, but maybe it does for someone...). I know you are dying to know: I was able to squeeze myself into it without looking too garish and still being able to breathe. Yes!

I know this is kind of a boring longish blog without any supporting pictures for those with ADD and way too many mundane details, so here is the summary:

---> I got my wedding dress
---> It fits me. Mostly
---> I stayed within my price goal (under 150-)
---> Yes, I will continue to write blogs that mainly talk about my upcoming wedding, so plan accordingly

No comments: