Monday, September 21, 2009

Almost Here

This past weekend Bonnie and I had our bachelor/bachelorette parties. Mine was on Friday and was spent in Wendover, and hers was on Saturday and was spent clubbing around SLC. As I have been telling people this I kept getting the same question: "When is the big day?" When I tell them that it is October 3rd, I keep getting the same response: "Wow, that is really close!" Yes, I say, that is very close.

I cannot believe how time has flown since Bonnie and I took the hike up to the Living Room above Salt Lake and after waiting for people to leave so we could be alone, I nervously asked the most beautiful and amazing woman in the world to marry me. All the planning and getting everything together and the disagreeing and agreeing and the deciding on whether or not we need chairs at the wedding and where are we going to get the photographer, all of that is drawing to a close as October 3rd gets closer and I get to marry my best friend and sweetheart.

I don't care if anybody reading this doesn't like the mushy stuff. Tough. It's my blog and I will put whatever I want in it. It's almost here!! I am so excited to finally take Bonnie's hand and tell her how much she means to me and how much having her in my life has made me a better person (sure she knows this already, but this will be different I think). As I am beginning to decide what I want in my vows, one thing keeps coming back to me and that is this: I am truly the most lucky and blessed person to have Bonnie in my life and I want everybody to know this. I would climb the highest mountain and yell it out if I could (okay, maybe a tad overboard ;) ). This I know, we are going to make one helluva couple, already do, and all of the work that has been put in thus far and continuing to October 3rd is worth it as I get to marry my best girl.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Congrats to both of you. I wish I could be there. It sounds like the wedding of the century. I wish you all the best of luck and please come see us in Missoula and stay in touch.

Cheers,
Pete